Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Better late than never...

Ok, so I'm probably the last one to get a blog sorted, so I'll have to make an extra effort to keep updating with a new post each day! Let's see how long I keep it up... 


Anyway, welcome to my blog. I started it as part of the Ludology and Gameplay module I'm taking as part of my masters (not a required class, but it seems pretty fun so far). One of the requirements is that we keep a journal chronicling our thoughts and opinions on the games we play, the elements of our lives that would make a good game, our plans and ideas etc.


I chose the title Conflicted Gamer because I feel it's a pretty accurate representation of my attitude towards gaming. I play a lot of games on almost all of the current platforms, and yet I'd be hesitant to refer to myself as a gamer. Maybe it's because of the social perceptions of such a label, or maybe it's because I lack the focus and drive to complete many of the games I start. The fact that I spend almost as much time playing my SNES or original grey monolith GameBoy as I do on my PS3 or 360 might have something to do with it as well. 


Whatever it is, this blog will serve as an outlet for my confused ramblings, rants and recommendations for all things game and gameplay related. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment